Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Slow Cooker: Vegan Spaghetti Sauce

I love myself a good pasta even though I know it is not very healthy. Still I have it about once every week. The recipe I am sharing today is from My Whole Food Life. She presents it as a one pot meal, including the spaghetti in the last 20 minutes. I tried it that way, but the spaghetti became one mushy clump. So this week I made it again, with only the sauce in the pan and cooked the spaghetti separately. This works way better and this sauce is a good basic tomato and bell pepper sauce.


Vegan Spaghetti Sauce: (serves 4, 3.5L slow cooker)
- 2 bell peppers (I used two red pointy ones, but use whatever colors you want), chopped
- 0.5 onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 125 gr mushrooms, sliced
- 800 gr canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of water
- some fresh basil
- spaghetti for 4 persons, for serving

In a pan, bake the garlic and onion shortly in some oil. Then add it to the cooker together with all the other ingredients except for the basil and spaghetti. Put it on high for 2 hours. Cook the spaghetti in a pan for the last 20 minutes of the cooking time and serve them together with some basil.




No comments:

Post a Comment