Friday, January 15, 2016

Slow Cooker: Green Beans in Sateh Sauce

Sorry for posting two slow cooker recipes in a row. I try to avoid that, but if I am honest, we cook most days in our slow cooker now. When Nick is at work, it is so much easier for me. I now try to blog what was in the bento of the previous weeks. This recipe is really easy and I made it up myself. Nick is a great fan of sateh sauce but we don't eat it that often. I really like it myself too though, so I thought of trying making it in the slow cooker. The sauce stays a bit lumpy at first because it is still cold when I put it in the cooker. But if you stir it when the cooker is hot, it gets nice and smooth.


Green Beans in Sateh Sauce: (serves 4, 3.5L Slow cooker)
- 500 gr green beans, in 3 cm pieces
- 1 pointy red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 small can of corn
- 200 gr vegetarian mince
- 1 tea cup water
- 5 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp ketjap
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- squeeze of lemon juice
- rice for serving


In a bowl mix water, peanut butter, ketjap, vinegar, tomato ketchup, sugar and lemon juice. It will be lumpy because it is cold, but that is okay. It will be smooth later on. Put the beans, bell pepper and minced meat in the slow cooker with the sateh sauce. Put on low for about 3.5 hours. On the last 20 minutes I put in the corn. Make sure it is rinsed and drained well. I also put on the rice cooker because it takes about 20 minutes to cook the rice. At this point I stir in the slow cooker a couple of times, making sure the sauce gets smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment