Sunday, December 6, 2015

Slow Cooker: 3 cheese lasagna

I saw a video for slow cooker lasagna appear within the slow cooker group on Facebook, that I am part of. I love lasagna, so I thought I would give it a go. A lot of people thought that as well so I can say that this recipe is tested through and through ;) I am not sure if it is really that much easier to make lasagna in your slow cooker, but it can surely hold more than my oven dish can. I would never be able to toss the spinach in just like that ;) The original idea comes from Tasty.


3 Cheese Lasagna (serves 4, 3.5L Slow cooker)
- lasagna noodles
- 1 package (390 gr) sugo tomato sauce (we used AH brand)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese (1 package)
- 2 cups (450 gr) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell bepper, diced
- 0.25 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped

Spread about 1/4th of the tomato sauce on the bottom. Place the noodles on the sauce. Break them to fit if needed. Layer half the ricotta, 1/3 of the mozzarella, half of the spinach, half of the bell pepper and another 1/4th of the tomato sauce. Add more noodles. And repeat once. After the last layer of noodles pour over the last 1/4th of remaining sauce and top it with the rest of the mozzarella, the parmesan and basil. Cook the lasagna on high for 2 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment