Monday, November 9, 2015

Heartwarming Soup: Creamy Spinach Soup

The idea to make spinach soup started in a restaurant. I had a small portion of a delicious spinach soup at Tapas restaurant 't Zusje. And this was so delicious, that I wanted to make my own spinach soup at home. I found several recipes for all kinds of different spinach soup, and I think I will try out more recipes in the future. But this is a very tasty, basic and budget friendly spinach soup. I also had a bowl for lunch the next day and it was still just as good. The original recipe is from Hobbykok Pluis


Creamy Spinach Soup (serves 3)
- 450 gr frozen spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp flour
- 500 ml vegetable broth, warm
- 100 gr cream cheese
- 3 boiled eggs

Defrost the spinach and make a puree with a handheld blender. Heat the olive oil in a soup pan and glaze the onion, garlic and oregano on low heat. Add the flour and stir through. Add 100 ml of the broth and bring to a boil while stirring. Add the rest of the broth and let the soup simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the spinach and bring to a boil once more. Add some water if the soup is too thick. Let the cream cheese melt in the soup and serve with 2 egg halves on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment