Saturday, October 31, 2015

Fabulous Fish: Cod and Grapes Ovendish

I think most blogs will post a Halloween recipe today, but my pumpkin cake is in the oven as I write this, so that will follow later. I want to bring your attention to a harvest fruit that is very overlooked in main dishes: grapes. The grapes are in season and cheap atm, so I figured why not try to make something with grapes for a change? This dish was surprisingly good! It is a sweet dish, but I thought it tasted great. Even though it was a bit on the saucy side, I loved the flavours. The inspiration for the recipe comes from Recepten Vandaag, but we adapted it a bit.


Cod and Grapes Ovendish (serves 4)
- 4 tomatoes
- 500 gr cod (or other white fish)
- 200 gr seedless grapes
- 150 gr good quality garlic butter
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, in chunks (a bit smaller than on the picture)
- pepper

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Grate the tomatoes and mix them with the garlic butter. Place the sweet potatoes in the bottom of the oven dish. Cut the cut into chunks and place those on top. Sprinkle with some pepper. Put the grapes on top of that and lastly pour the tomato-butter sauce over everything. Place it in the oven for 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment