Friday, July 24, 2015

FoodBlogSwap: Cinnamon Rolls

It is time for the monthly FoodBlogSwap again, an event where bloggers from the Netherlands cook from each others blogs every month. This month I got to cook from Eef Kookt Zo. Finding a recipe that I wanted to make was a bit tricky because there were a lot of meat recipes. But luckily there was also a selection of baked goods. I wanted to make cinnamon rolls for a long time but I never did because it is a bit out of my comfort zone. Perfect for a Foodblogswap! The original recipe had a cream cheese frosting but my boyfriend and I just made the basic recipe. I thought that they would be tasty enough on it's own and we choose not to add the extra calories ;) These rolls taste awesome and we will be making them again in the future, but not too often because with all that sugary goodness they aren't that healthy of course ;) That being said, I choose a second recipe to make that is healthy and I will share in a few days :)

Next time we will probably make these rolls in a muffin tin though, because our rolls didn't turn out very pretty, but they were tasty still and that is all that matters :) The plate shows only half the portion we got out of them, so the recipe makes a fair amount of rolls :) My boyfriend did the rolling and he made a mistake there. He just rolled single sheets, while you should roll multiple sheets to get bigger rolls. That is why ours puffed up the way they did. And I only found this mistake while I am writing this article and read the recipe again, because I wasn't involved in the rolling. So this calls for a do-over ;)


Cinnamon rolls:
- 1 can croissant dough
- 1 cup light brown castor sugar
- 2.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 100 gr unsalted butter

Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees. Add all the ingredients except the dough together and mix until creamy. Open the can of dough and take one square sheet of dough. (the holes are in the middle). Roll the dough a little so the holes aren't visible any more. Smear some cinnamon butter on top. And roll the dough lengthwise.

Now you can repeat these steps and make single rolls like these on the picture or you roll each sheet into the next one so you get one big roll. Make sure you smear each sheet with cinnamon butter before rolling.

Cut the rolls(s) in 2 cm pieces. Lay them 2 cm apart on a tray covered with parchment paper and bake them for about 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment