Saturday, April 25, 2015

FoodBlogSwap Extra: "Beef" Sushi Bowl

As I said earlier this week, I couldn't choose which recipe I wanted to make for the FoodBlogSwap. So I thought: why not make them both? I saw a recipe for a sushi bowl with beef on At Sowyen's Kitchen and it sounded so good, that I had to make that recipe as well, next to the Oreo Brownies that I shared earlier. I made quite a few adjustments to the recipe this time around. Because I don't eat beef, I used a replacement and I used some different veggies. The result turned out great and this will be on the menu more often, especially with the warmer days in sight. Or so we hope ;) We had some leftovers after we had it for dinner which we ate the next day for lunch. As the flavours develop over night, it tastes even better!


"Beef" Sushi Bowl: (serves 3)
- 140 gr sushi rice
- 250 gr faux beef (In Dutch store AH)
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 egg per person
- 1 bell pepper, cubed
- 1 courgette, cubed
- sweet chilli sauce
- pepper

Cook the sushi rice in the rice cooker.
Meanwhile mix the garlic with sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar and a dash of pepper in a bowl. Add the faux beef and let it rest for 10 minutes.

Heat some oil in 2 frying pans. In one pan bake the faux beef with the bell pepper and courgette. It is done when the veggies are done because faux beef only needs to warm. Bake the eggs sunny side up in the other pan.

Mix the rice, veggies, faux beef together. Stir in some chilli sauce to taste and serve with the egg.




No comments:

Post a Comment