Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Comfort Food: Pizza Burgers

We will be making these tonight :) Yes, on a normal Wednesday ;) Normally we would eat these kind of things in the weekend, but we both felt like making them so today it is. We will eat healthy in the weekend then, I already found a good recipe for vegetarian pea soup! We made the pizza burgers before, but I haven't gotten around to share the recipe yet. So I am doing this now. Originally Dr. Oetker came with this snack for real man (mind the stereotyping here). But I was planning to make them from scratch, ever since I saw the commercials.I don't see the need to buy these when you can so easily make them yourself and according to Nick, who has bought them once, the home made ones taste better. No surprises there. As for me, I wouldn't even be able to buy them because they didn't include a vegetarian pizza burger. Must not be manly enough ;) I found a recipe on Lekker en Simpel and I have used that as inspiration. However I made vegetarian ones.


Pizza burgers: (makes 4)
- 4 burger buns
- 8 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 spring onions
- about 8 mushrooms (2 a bun)
- 2 hands grated cheese
- 2 tsp oregano
- dash of pepper

Pre heat the oven to 220 degrees. Cut the mushrooms in slices and the spring onions in rings. Bake them shortly in some olive oil. You don't have to do this but I don't like the half raw mushrooms that appear from the oven when you don't bake them. Don't bake them too long though.
Spread tomato sauce on both sides of the buns. Then add the veggies and cheese. Add flavour by adding the spices, a dash on each pizza burger.
Place the burgers in the oven (don't stack the top on the bottom yet) for 10 minutes. When done place the top half of the bun on the bottom half.


No comments:

Post a Comment