Saturday, January 3, 2015

Comfort Food: Jamie's Mushroom Pasta

Happy new year everyone! I really wanted to blog more in the past week, but organizing a new years eve party and recovering from that, costs more energy than I would like. If you expect that I will post healthy recipes for the new year, not going to happen ;) I am not joining that wagon. All though I would like to think that the recipes that I post are not unhealthy, I am not counting calories or anything like that. I actually did lose weight in the past year, just by doing daily yoga and that is the only tip you are going to get out of me ;)

Anyway, I wanted to make this mushroom pasta ever since I watched the Jamie Oliver marathon a couple of weeks ago. This is one of my back log recipes, even though I didn't make it that long ago, I just made a lot of new recipes in the past month. Nick wasn't too fond of this pasta because he likes the more creamy sauces, but I loved it myself. It is very basic, yet flavourful.


Jamie's Mushroom Pasta: (serves 4)
- 400 gr mixed mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- salt
- dash of chili powder (Jamie uses 1-2 fresh red chili peppers, but my stomach can't handle that very well)
- 450 gr pappardelle (or another pasta type)
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- handful of grated cheese
- 50 gr unsalted butter

Brush off the dirt from the mushrooms with a dish towel. Slices or tear the mushrooms, depending on what type you have. Make sure you get a mix though, or else you will get a somewhat boring flavour. We had about 250 gr white mushrooms and 150 gr of mixed ones from the supermarket. Add olive oil to a hot pan and fry the mushrooms fast, only tossing them a couple of times before you ad the garlic and a dash of chili powder and salt. Continue to fry for about 4-5 minutes while tossing them around.

Turn the heat off and squeeze in the lemon juice. Meanwhile boil the pasta. Mix in with the mushrooms, grated cheese, parsley and butter. Make sure the pasta is coated with everything and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment