Saturday, September 20, 2014

On a Budget: Unstuffed Vegetarian Peppers

I love stuffed peppers! But the thing is, that the peppers always stay a bit raw when I make them. So when I saw this version of the stuffing including the peppers tossed in an oven dish, I thought I should try it. The recipe is easy and tastes really great. Just my kind of recipe! The original recipe is from Spoonful. Make without the cheese for a vegan version.


Unstuffed Vegetarian Peppers (serves 4)
- 3 cups of bell peppers, 1 of each, red, yellow and green, diced
- 0.5 cup spring onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 425 gr tomato sauce
- 0.5 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup rice

Cook the rice in a rice cooker. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. In a large frying pan heat the olive oil. Add the onion and peppers and cook for about 5 minutes, until the veggies start to soften. Then add the garlic and stir will, cook for another minute. Add the cooked rice and the tomato sauce and stir to combine. Remove from heat and place the stuffing in an oven dish. Top it of with cheese and place in the oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment