Monday, September 22, 2014

FoodBlogSwap: Apple Sauce

For this months Foodblogswap I was cooking from a blog called Gewoon Lekker Koken. The blog has some easy accessible recipes and is just about non nonsense and tasty food. It seems that I am getting in the habit of cooking multiple recipes from a blog in the past months, because I did so again this month. I choose the apple sauce because it was something that was on my to make list for a long time, but I never felt comfortable enough to do so. But it seemed easy enough, so I thought I would give it a try. Especially since Mabon was approaching at the time I made this and apple recipes fit that theme perfectly. Mine did turn out a bit then. Maybe I used a bit too much water, but it was tasty!

 
Home made Apple Sauce (serves 2)
- 1 apple per person (so in this case 2)
- sugar
- cinnamon

Peel the apples and cut them in little pieces. Bring apples with a tiny bit of water to a boil. Turn heat to low and leave the apples to simmer until they are soft. Stir regularly and break up the apples each time you do so. It will take about 30 minutes for the apples to soften. When the apples are soft, transfer them to a bowl and mash them until you have the structure you want. We used the handheld blender because we like a smooth apple sauce. But just mash it with a fork, if you like it chunky. Add sugar and cinnamon to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment