Wednesday, March 26, 2014

FoodBlogSwap: Blondies

For the monthly FoodBlogSwap, I got to cook from Written by Nick, a fun food and lifestyle blog that I didn't know before. It was a bit funny because my BF is called Nick too. Anyway, I saw a couple of good looking recipes on there, but because my BF is a real white chocolate lover, we choose to make Blondies. Those are brownies made from white chocolate. And I am really glad we did. Because they were one of the best things we baked. I was also a fan of the coconut-lime cake, which I am sure we will make too. But not sure if it will be this month. (Yes I have written this post in advance on the 7th of March, so who knows ;) )

Anyway, back to the blondies! This recipe is great to make together because when one melts the chocolate, the other prepares the batter. This way you have made this recipe in a flash. One thing I thought was very clever is using a muffin tin for these! I don't have a brownie pan, and I often was just using a rectangular oven dish. But this works great too!


Blondies: (makes 16)
- 400 gr white chocolate
- 75 gr butter
- 3 eggs
- 90 gr light castor sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 200 gr self rising flour

Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees. Melt 300 gr of the white chocolate with the butter au bain marie. This means on a double boiler.
With a mixer, beat eggs and sugar together. Then add the vanilla and self rising flour and mix this until you have a smooth batter. Then mix the melted white chocolate together with the batter. Lastly, chop the rest of the white chocolate and scoop that into the batter.
Fill a cupcake tin (I have silicone, so I don't need to grease the tin) and bake them for about 20 minutes. Like brownies, they still need to be soft inside, so don't overbake them.


No comments:

Post a Comment