Monday, June 4, 2012

Meatless Monday: Couscous salad

After cooking with quinoa, other crazy grains came into the picture. Like couscous for example. Roxanne, who I know from twitter and her blog called Smiling Beauties recommended this dish to me when I asked for easy and quick summer dishes. I am very happy that she did because this dish is so yummy!


Couscous Salad: (serves 4-6)
- 350gr couscous
- 250gr feta
- 400gr canned peas (280gr without water)
- 1 yellow and 1 red bell pepper
- 1tbsp couscous spices (I bought mine at a toko)
- some olive oil

First I cut up the bell peppers and I fry them shortly in some oil. Boil about 2 litre water for the couscous. Add water in a pan and then the couscous, stir for about one minute until the couscous is done. (it really takes only one minute). Then drain the couscous from water and place it back in the pan and drizzle with some olive oil. Cover the pan with a lid and leave the couscous for about 3 minutes. Then transfer it to a large bowl and mix it with 1tbsp of couscous spices. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Add the bell pepper and the peas. I always drain and rinse my canned peas to get rid of the can taste. Lastly crumble the feta over the salad and mix it all. It can be served luke-warm or cold. Both taste great! It is also a very good lunch and easy to bring with you in a bento.


No comments:

Post a Comment