Monday, November 14, 2011

Snack Review: Pocky Lychee

Lychee pocky is one of the more luxery pocky snacks that I bought on Tofu Cute, a webshop located in the UK. Pocky is a product from Glico and comes in many varieties.Lychee pocky differs from the standard pocky because it has an extra thick outer coating on the biscuit sticks with tiny pieces of real lychee. Because of this the price is also higher. I paid 1.30 pounds compared to the 0.75 pounds I pay for standard pocky.

There are 15 sticks in a package, this equals to 37 grams. The outer coating has a strong smell and it kind of tastes like roses to me. Because of the extra thick outer coating and the bits of real lychee they do taste a bit juicy. This is something that I enjoyed. However I am still not sure if I really like the flavor or not. To me it was a strange flavor that I can't quite decide about. The after taste of this snack is really strong. Even 30 minutes later, I could still taste it in my mouth. I don't think I will buy these again While I do adore lychee ice cream, this just tasted odd to me. It doesn't mean the quality of this snack is bad, but it just wasn't the right flavor for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment