Thursday, February 3, 2011

#67 - Risotto balls bento

Today I experimented with something I wanted to do for a while now. I had some risotto in my freezer stash and I wanted to make little balls from it with a crispy coating. The idea was in my head for weeks already, but I just didn't have the time or energy to do something with it until today. I have to say that this is a really easy way to add something extra to your risotto. It was quicker and easier then I thought and the little balls taste great :) I used a vegetarian cheesy risotto as a base, rolled balls from it and dipped them in egg & bread crumbs to which I added some spices. I baked them in some olive oil for a few minutes on each side.

Here they are as main dish in the boyfriend's bento. For the sides we have some poffertjes (Dutch mini pancakes), cauliflower with curry powder and green bean roll ups with ham inspired by Uit een doosje. (A Dutch bento blog from my friend Cy-V) I am getting more into bento picks lately. I bought these cute duck family picks last year or so but never used them till recently. Now I want to expand my picks collection ;)

2 comments:

  1. Those balls look very nice. I love risotto. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And they are so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete